If you have been ill or had an accident you may need help to re-learn some of the skills you may have lost while unwell and to get your confidence back. Our trained reablement teams can work with you and other medical professionals, to help you build confidence and support you to do things for yourself that you did before you were unwell, so that you can live as independently as possible.
Our reablement service is a short-term and intensive service of approximately six weeks. This specialist service is available to you if you have experienced any of the following:
- A stay in hospital, a rehabilitation unit or a stay in a care home
- A temporary illness
- A permanent disability
- A fall at home
Our Care Manager will assess your abilities to look after yourself, i.e. your ability to get dressed, prepare meals, generally how you manage your daily life, and based on the assessment a reablement plan will be prepared with you setting out how the service will support you. Our trained reablement staff will also monitor how you progress during the six weeks and adjust your plan as needed.
We can help with things such as:
- Developing confidence to enable safe transfers: getting up from a chair, in and out of bed
- Providing you and your family tips to prevent falls or avoidable accidents
- Support in finding new ways in dealing with everyday tasks
- Personal care tasks
- Working with you to enable you to live life independently